Friday, 15 October 2010

Leicester Marathon 2010


Leicester Marathon 2010
Originally uploaded by stephenlamb

The route of the Leicester Marathon passes within a couple of hundred yards of our front door and so my camera and I went to have a look. I misjudged my timing - the fast runners had already gone by the time I made an appearance. Still I was able to get some photographs of the runners as they passed through Thurmaston and Watermead Country Park. I have been surprised at the large number of views the photographs have received on Flickr. All of them had received over a hundred views each with three or four days. If I had known that they would be this popular, I would have got up earlier and taken more and better photographs. I have started a Leicester Marathon Group on Flickr as I was surprised that there was not one already. I will be looking for opportunities to try this type of photography again - preferably before the next Leicester Marathon.

No comments: