Sunday, 5 September 2010

Longstone Lighthouse, Farne Islands, Northumberland


Longstone Lighthouse, Farne Islands, Northumberland
Originally uploaded by stephenlamb

I scanned 778 images in August - almost all of them negatives. it is time consuming although I have gradually speeded things up by adjusting the settings in my scanner software. It now takes about five minutes to scan to strips of negatives instead of 50 minutes.

The photograph above is one of my most successful negative scans. It also shows one of the benefits of going though my negative collection - I had forgotten all about this photograph and the lovely day that I spent on the Farne Islands with my friend Geoff.

September promises to be very busy for my camera. Next weekend is my mother's 80th birthday when I expect to be taking lots of family photographs. The following weekend we are going to fly to Connecticut. It will be my first trip to the United States. We are staying with a friend in Woodstock and will also spend two days in New York. I am really looking forward to seeing the Fall in New England. I also want to go to Boston and Hartford. In Hartford, I hope to visit the Mark Twain House and the Harriet Beecher Stowe House.

I will report on the results of my travels next month.

No comments: