Sunday, 8 August 2010

Staithes, North Yorkshire


Staithes, North Yorkshire
Originally uploaded by stephenlamb

I have continued with scanning my old negatives during the last week. This is the photograph which has produced the most feedback so far. I did intensify the colours a bit - I am finding that many of my old negatives are producing rather pale images. I am not sure whether that is due to the negatives, the scanner, the scanner software or the settings that I am using.

I abandoned the idea of using VueScan as my scanning software. It did not seem to allow scanning negatives in bulk without manual intervention after each frame. Epson's scanning software does and so I will stick with this for now. I am scanning to TIFF and then editing the images in GIMP before saving them as jpegs for upload to Flickr. I sometimes give them a further tweak in Picnik once they are on Flickr.

It is interesting to see many of my old photographs - especially the ones where I now think - "Why did I take that?" I am also being reminded of places that I cannot remember ever going to.

No comments: